AgBio Starter Award Application
MTRAC AgBio Starter Award Proposals are due 5PM EST on Monday, Sept 14, 2020; and (Tentative: Feb 22, 2021).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact MTRAC program staff for preparation of their applications. Starter grant awards are intended to provide enough data or other verification to facilitate the submission of a later Full award proposal, develop a proof of concept, or complete a short-term commercialization activity.
- MSU FACULTY APPLICANTS ONLY: The required e-Transmittal should be sent though the regular process to OSP with an internal sponsor named "MSU-MTRAC."
- NON-MSU FACULTY APPLICANTS ONLY: Please review the MTRAC template subcontract.
Step 1: Download submission information (includes template)
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Joseph Affholter (517.884.1824) or Weian Ou (517.884.1659).
Step 2: Download budget and signature form
Final: Submit your MTRAC application: SurveyMonkey portal.
Link: https://msu.smapply.io/, Program name: Ag&Bio MTRAC Starter Grant
For further information or questions regarding the application process, please contact Joseph Affholter (517.884.1824) or Weian Ou (517.884.1659).
Eligibility and Information:
- Researchers will be able to apply for funding to help drive agriculture-related technology toward commercialization, including support for prototype development, animal trials, scale-up studies, crop trials, and verification studies.
- Projects must come from institutions of higher learning, hospitals & nonprofit research centers; Projects must have matching funds; Invention disclosure must be filed with institution of origin; Project must be translational research.
- Projects involving already-licensed technologies are ineligible for MTRAC funding.
- Concurrent Starter and Full proposals on the same topic are not allowed, the second proposal of same topic will not be accepted.
- Researchers can apply for funding to help drive agriculture-related technology toward commercialization, including but not limited to support for prototype development, milestone setting, animal trials, scale-up studies, crop trials, and verification studies.
- Awards range up to $25k direct cost.
- Interested investigators are asked to schedule a pre-proposal idea consultation with the MTRAC Ag Bio program.
- In all award applications, please use submission templates.